Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy to be back in Indian team - Yuvraj Singh


 Yuvraj Singh won the battle against cancer in real life. Now, his fans can get to see it on reel. A documentary, 'Zindagi Abhi Baki Hai', will depict the 30-year-old cricketer's fight against the dreaded 'C' and how he came out triumphant. The documentary, which will be aired in three parts, will be shown on two prominent entertainment channels in November.

"The documentary is a reflection of what a cancer patient goes through. I wanted it to be documented as I wanted it to be an inspiration for those who live in denial. It is my story. I want everyone to live their life all over again," Yuvraj said on Wednesday.
The cricketer said he worked really hard on his fitness. He also took to meditation to keep his mind calm and focused. But there's still a thought that the cricketer's return to the team was more an emotional one. "People are bound to say that, as they have not seen how hard I trained at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). But I know how tough it has been... I just want to get back on the field. It will be a huge moment in my life. I can't wait for the day (September 8 when India take on New Zealand in the first of the two T20 games at Visakhapatnam) to come in. Everyday I put up a status message, counting the number of days left. I am just raring to get on the field and bat. It is like a child who has got his first Christmas gift and can't wait to open it..." Yuvraj, who was the man-of-the-tournament at the 2011 World Cup, said.
He, however, was non-committal on how he would perform. "I don't know... I don't know if I would be making one run or 20 runs, take a catch, take wickets... I am just so happy to be back. Some months back I could not even climb the stairs, and now I have this chance! I am thankful to my family, friends and the people of India for showering so much love on me. I will carry all those emotions to the field." The three-hour documentary will also capture the T20 series.
Yuvraj came out in defence of Sachin Tendulkar whose poor form has been a matter of concern. "It is unfair to blame a cricketer of his stature."

No comments:

Post a Comment