Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dockrell has learnt from Herath


At the age of 20, left-arm spinner George Dockrell has already played 30 ODIs and 17 T-20 Internationals for Ireland.
His international career started when he was 17, and due to exposure with English county Somerset, Dokcrell is tipped to achieve greater things, in time to come.
The Irishman says that one of the left-arm spinners he looks up to is Sri Lanka’s Rangana Herath and that he has learned a lot from him. "I look up to guys like Rangana Herath and Daniel Vettori. Murali Karthik too has been good at Somerset. I like Herath control and the drift he gets. Before I had made my debut, I was in Colombo and I was 17 then and I spoke to him and learned a quite a bit."

Dockrell believes that the experience at county cricket has helped him a lot and he wants develop further. "The experience in county cricket has been great. This year, I played lot of four day cricket for Somerest. I had a great year and I think I am a better player because of county cricket exposure."
Dockrell was also part of Ireland’s Under-19 squad that played the recent Youth World Cup in Australia. "We went into the competition ranked 13th. We finished ranked 12th, so that wasn’t bad. I thought we played extremely well against Australia and England, making them work hard to get to those totals. We beat Nepal and Namibia. A few cricketers did well and in the end, I am happy with the way we finished."

No comments:

Post a Comment