Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Olympian Yohan Blake wants to play in next IPL

Olympic Silver Medalist in 100M and training partner of Usain Bolt ,Yohan Blake, said he can bowl faster than India pace spearhead Zaheer Khan.
 Jamican Blake on Sunday, told DNA, “Know what? I am coming there next year. I’ll play in the IPL.”
 “I love cricket... India loves cricket. But you know what, I can bowl faster than Zaheer Khan. I followed the Indian team when they were at the Caribbean last time. I know Sachin Tendulkar, MS (Dhoni), Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid... these are the guys I know,” told Blake, who along with Usain Bolt, played cricket before pursuing athletics.

 Blake used to play for Kingston Cricket Club before making a move to sprinting.He further said on a lighter note that he wants to play in the glamorous Twent20 league, Indian Premier League.
 “I want to play in the IPL. I am working hard for it. Really,” Blake said.
 Blake “wants to come down to the subcontinent later this year or next year”.
 Blake revealed that he is a huge fan of Indian cricket star Virat Kohli, but admires former West Indies legend Brian Lara and India’s Sachin Tendulkar.
 “My favourite cricketer is Lara. I also like Tendulkar and Dhoni. But Virat is young and a great player. I really love watching him play,” he said.
 Blake said he is a good friend of explosive Caribbean batsman Chris Gayle.
 “Chris is a great friend and I follow his side very closely. I also like Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai (Super Kings). But I want to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore because of Chris,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment