Monday, July 9, 2012

Thisara wants to become permenent in the test team

Thisara Perera,Sri Lanka's emerging sensation in cricket field has said yesterday that he want to become a permenent player in test team in the future.He didnt do any harm for his ambition yesterday by taking 4 wickets in Pakistans first innings.His Performance in yesterdaywas the best performance by a Sri Lankan faceman for a while.

Thisara after his superb bowling display speaking at the media said;
"I think I need patience to play Test cricket. If you take ODI cricket, bowling line and length is the key, but I hope I will develop more patience and become a regular member of the Test squad as well," 



"I hadn’t played Test cricket for a while and I got my rhythm after my first over. I started hitting the right areas after that over and Mahela was telling me that the main thing in Test cricket is to remain patient and do the basics right," Perera added.


"I think with the new ball, we had a bit of help. But there was not much help with the older ball. Our game plan was to take a wicket before the first 15 overs, and things worked for us," he added.


Perera has developed during the last year in all three departments, becoming a permanent member in Sri Lanka’s one-day side and he is pushing his case in the longer version of the game. "At practices, I do all the three disciplines well. I try to do a bit more these days in all three departments during training," he added.


"When I started in 2009, I was just 19. I had just come after the Under-19 World Cup and when you play with leading cricketers you learn a lot. All my captains, whether it be Kumar, Dilshan or Mahela, they have helped in my growth as a cricketer."

No comments:

Post a Comment