Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sanath Jayasuriya hoping to return to dance next year

Former Sri Lankan cricketer turned politician Sanath Jayasuriya shared his views on his experience with reality dance show in India in an interview after eliminating from the show last week. "It was an amazing experience overall, but a tough one for me. I tried to put in a lot of hard work and enjoyed to the fullest. It was nice to learn a bit of salsa and jive. Before the show I had never performed on a stage; am happy I could do so," said the cricketer, adding that he definitely won't mind dancing at a celebration next time.

He has been associated with television in one way or the other throughout his over two decade career, but reality TV had a different taste, he says. "I have been doing various TV stints, commentating for a couple of years now. Reality TV shoot is quite different from cricket commentating or the live TV coverage you are part as often as a cricket player," said Jayasuriya, who even appeared in a cameo on a daily soap during his stint."Mumbai is a city very special to me, I have lots of friends, I enjoyed my days playing for the Mumbai Indians. Indian fans are always very supportive and welcoming. Would be nice to come back and be associated with the IPL (Indian Premier League) next year," he added.
Meanwhile, "Sri Lanka Premiere League is about to start. So I will be busy practicing," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment