Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"Bradman is the greatest"- Sangakkara

Yesterday after the 4th day of the test match in the media briefing Kumar Sangakkara Stated that even though he passed Bradman in Test Match century makers list and moving bradman out of Top 10 highest century makers list still he is the greatest batsman ever played the game

"The fact is that I played a lot more Test Matches than he has. Had he played the amount that I have, there would have been no chance of catching him but it’s a great honour to get to 30 hundreds. It is something that I set myself when I started playing cricket and when I started getting hundreds. Thirty is a solid mark for a batsman and hopefully above and beyond that with more matches to play. Whether the top 10 features Sir Don Bradman or not, he is always going to be the greatest batsman that’s played the game.”

He further said after making his goal of 30 test Centuries now he will take a game at a time and try to increase the hundreds he can make.

“Thirty Test hundreds now and I will take it a game at a time and see how many I can get. For a batsman at Test level, hundreds are what you always look to score. Once you get a start, you always try to get to that three-figure mark and beyond hopefully.”


No comments:

Post a Comment