Sunday, August 12, 2012

Inzamam’s nephew hoping to win under-19 World Cup


One of Pakistan’s most promising talents, Imam-ul-Haq, who is the nephew of Inzamam-ul-haq, has said that he will try his best to help his country win the Under-19 World Cup in Australia.

Watching his uncle in action for the national side, that was later reinforced by the constant encouragement provided by the Pakistani great, undoubtedly ignited Imam-ul-Haq’s love for cricket.
“My interest in cricket developed because of my uncle (Inzamam-ul-Haq) obviously. I used to watch my uncle play for Pakistan for such a long period of time. That”s where the passion grew from – I always wanted to be like him. He has always encouraged me,” Imam told PakPassion.net.
With all eyes now firmly focussed on the group stages of the ICC U19 World Cup, Imam was full of praise for his team mates and expressed confidence in the management, both of whom he believes have provided just the right kind of environment and guidance to help him settle in and build innings in matches
Imam views the opportunity to represent their nation at the U19 level as a stepping stone for a place in the senior squad at a future stage, and may well prove to be a driving force towards excellence in this tournament
“I will try my best to perform in this World Cup, which is a really good opportunity not only for me, but for all the players. I really don”t think we have any extra pressure of expectations on us.
“We are here to win the World Cup and we will try our best to do that. We don”t really feel any extra pressure of the fact that Pakistan has a very fine past record at the U19 World Cup. Our aim is to play for Pakistan at the highest level. That is the reason why we are playing at the U19 level. We just have to move step by step.”

No comments:

Post a Comment